With this update, the Class Notebook tab is visible if you are teacher in a Class Notebook for which you have administrative rights. To set up a Class Notebook, visit www.onenote.com/classnotebook.
With the Class Notebook Tools for Mac, you can do the following:
- Quickly and easily distribute pages or new sections to students in a class.
- Copy sections to Content Libraries in multiple notebooks.
- Sequentially review student work (assignments, quizzes, etc.).
- Easily navigate and browse student notebooks through a student list.
- Launch Class Notebook app functionality.
- Visit useful professional development and community resources.
Below are some highlights of what you can do with the Class Notebook Management Tools. For more details, visit the Class Notebook Tools for OneNote 2016 for Mac user guide.
Distribute a page to all of your students with two clicks
Rather than sending students to the Content Library to copy a page for themselves, a teacher can distribute a page to all students in a class with just two clicks.
Review student work
Teachers are provided with a list of all the pages they’ve distributed and a quick way to sequentially review work (homework, assignments, quizzes, etc.). Simply click a student’s name to navigate to the page in the student’s notebook.
View students’ Class Notebooks
With this view, navigating student Class Notebooks is a cinch. Teachers are provided with an easy-to-scan list of all students and their sections to quickly browse and navigate to—and monitor their students’ activity.
Easily manage students Class Notebooks
The Manage drop-down makes handy links for teachers easily accessible. You can also add or remove students or teachers from a Class Notebook or get started on creating a new Class Notebook under the Manage drop-down.