Your core destination for all information about the release of Office Setup 365 prepared by the Microsoft Australia team to NSW DEC schools from the Microsoft in Education team and our wider community.
Welcome to the Microsoft Australia NSW DEC Office365 User Guide. Here you will find all the information, resources, links, tips and tricks related to using Office 365 in your schools and classrooms across New South Wales.
The set of tools in Office 365 are used around the world to support teaching and learning, and offer a wide range of educational benefits. These online services will assist schools in using a Bring Your Own Device strategy, allowing students and staff to collaborate from any device, anywhere they have access to the internet.In the video below, see how Campbelltown Performing Arts High School have used Office 365 in their school.
Microsoft Office 365 (Link to DEC Intranet) is a set of web-based applications that enable collaboration and creation in the classroom. This service includes online versions of Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. In addition, Microsoft Office 365 offers collaboration and sharing opportunities via OneDrive and OneNote Class & Staff Notebook.
OneNote Support Guide
A comprehensive guide to using Office 365 in your classrooms and schools has been developed as a OneNote notebook.
Other Support Resources
- For questions, queries and to learn from other users of Office 365 in NSW DEC, please visit the O365 Yammer community here.
- Technical support information about using these services in the DEC environment is available via the Learning Tools Technical Support site (DEC Intranet)
- To view the Microsoft NSW DEC Student privacy charter please click here.
How to Videos
In these videos, you will learn some ways you can use Office 365 in your classroom.
Using Excel for student performance tracking
Using OneNote to share assignments, collect homework and more in your classroom.
Simply collaborate with your class using Word Online
Missing a key security signal could mean not catching a breach, but the number of security signals is increasing exponentially. It’s becoming impossible to manually prioritize them. That’s why Office 365 applies intelligence to help you proactively manage risk and ward off threats. Today, we’re pleased to introduce several new capabilities in Office 365 that help you manage risk and stay ahead of threats:
- Office 365 Secure Score—A new security analytics tool that applies a score to Office 365 customers’ current Office 365 security configuration.
- Office 365 Threat Intelligence Private Preview—Service that leverages billions of data points from the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph to provide actionable insights to the global threat landscape and help customers stay ahead of cyber threats. Office 365 Threat Intelligence is now in private preview, with general availability planned for later this quarter.
- Office 365 Advanced Data Governance Preview—Applies machine learning to help customers find and retain the most important data to them while eliminating redundant, obsolete and trivial data that could cause risk if compromised. Office 365 Advanced Data Governance is now in preview, with general availability planned for later this quarter.
Know your Office 365 Secure Score
Do you know how you’d be rated if someone were to evaluate your security configuration? To give you better visibility into your Office 365 security configuration and the security features available to you, we’re pleased to introduce Secure Score—a new security analytics tool. Secure Score helps you understand your current Office 365 security configuration and shows you how implementing additional controls can further enhance your security and reduce risk.*
Here’s how it works:
Secure Score Summary—Displays your Secure Score and provides access to view your Score Analyzer. Your Secure Score, the numerator, is the sum of the points associated with security configurations that you have partially or fully adopted. The total score, the denominator, is the sum of the points associated with all the security controls that are available to you through your Office 365 plan.
In this example, the Secure Score is 130 out of 273 points possible:
Score Summary window showing your Secure Score.
Score Analyzer—Allows you to track and report on your score over time. The graph shows your Secure Score on any date in the past, what specific actions you completed and which actions were available to you. Your score results can also be exported to a CSV file for easy planning and communication with your organizations.
Score Analyzer graph showing the Secure Score over time.
In append to providing perception, Secure Score provides suggestions regarding the realizable behavior you can take to include your security viewpoint. These suggestions are prioritized based once quotation to the order of the effectiveness of the fighting and level of impact to fade away users. Actions that are intensely in force as soon as low level of adherent impact are placed at the top, followed by measures that are less in force and more impactful to users. You can as well as filter happenings in the list when criteria such as those that have low fall fanatic impact or that apply to devotee accounts.
Secure Score can play an important role in a holistic security strategy, which encompasses how an organization strengthens its risk controls, mitigates potential losses and offsets some of the risk. To help businesses strengthen their security position, property and casualty insurer The Hartford will consider a customer’s Office 365 Secure Score as a part of the cyber insurance underwriting process.
“We believe aligning the solutions between security and insurance can make a real difference. By encouraging the use of an innovative security analytics tool like Office 365 Secure Score and making it a part of the underwriting process, businesses have more information to make risk-based decisions around privacy and security, potentially reducing their exposure to loss.”
—Tom Kang, head of Cyber Insurance at The Hartford
This builds upon the endorsement of Office 365 made by insurance industry leader AIG last year.
Watch this Microsoft Mechanics video for an in-depth look at Secure Score:
To learn more about Secure Score, check out your score and see recommendations on how you can increase your security position in Office 365, go to securescore.office.com.
Office 365 Threat Intelligence—now in private preview
According to a recent Ponemon Institute study, the average cost of a data breach has risen to $4 million. These costs can include litigation, the effects of brand or reputation damage, potential lost sales, and in some cases, complete business closure. Organizations that are prepared for a breach by spending on appropriate staffing, security training and security products can ultimately reduce their long-term costs.
office setup 365 Threat Intelligence uses the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph to analyze billions of data points from global datacenters, Office clients, email, user authentications and other incidents that impact the Office 365 ecosystem, as well as signals from our Windows and Azure ecosystems—to provide actionable insights to global attack trends.
It provides opinion more or less malware families inside and outdoor your handing out, including breach information surrounded by details, bearing in mind how much bitcoin the attackers typically request in ransomware attacks. Office 365 Threat Intelligence with integrates seamlessly previously added Office 365 security features gone Exchange Online Protection and Advanced Threat Protection, for that excuse youll be supple to see analysis, including the peak targeted users, malware frequency and security recommendations connected to your event.
Office 365 Threat Intelligence provides this visibility, along with rich insights and recommendations on mitigating cyber-threats, ultimately supporting a proactive defense posture, leading to long-term reduced organizational costs.
The Office 365 Threat Intelligence Dashboard provides visibility into the global threat landscape.
To sign up for the private preview of Setup Microsoft Office 365 Threat Intelligence, please contact your Microsoft account representative.
Why data governance matters
Many organizations are exposing themselves to unnecessary risk because they don’t have a good grasp on all the data they have. Often, they retain data they no longer need, such as the personal information of former employees who have long since left the company. Should this personal data be compromised in a breach, the company could be liable for costly remediation, such as lifetime credit monitoring for these former employees.
Office 365 Advanced Data Governance helps you find and retain the data that is most important to you while eliminating redundant, obsolete and trivial data that could cause risk if compromised. Office 365 Advanced Data Governance applies machine learning to intelligently deliver proactive policy recommendations; classify data based on automatic analysis of factors like the type of data, its age and the users who have interacted with it; and take action, such as preservation or deletion.
We’re already receiving a great response from legal professionals who expect Office 365 Advanced Data Governance to enhance their data management practices.
“The machine learning designed into office setup Office 365 Advanced Data Governance’s suite has the potential to tame the ever-increasing growth and complexity of data types we deal with. Office 365 Advanced Data Governance can apply unified policies to data in place across all Office 365 applications, regardless of when the data was ingested, to intelligently retain high-value data while deposing of what isn’t needed or is obsolete. As organizations grasp its potential to reduce compliance and security risks, this will be a game changer in information governance.”
—Paul Meyer, eDiscovery and Data Management managing counsel at Willis Towers Watson
Watch this Microsoft Mechanics for an in-depth look at Office 365 Advanced Data Governance:
Visit Office 365 Advanced Data Governance to register for the limited public preview.
Office 365 Secure Score is now generally available to organizations with an Office 365 commercial subscription and who are in the multi-tenant and Office 365 U.S. Government Community clouds.
Office 365 Threat Intelligence and Advanced Data Governance are expected to be generally available by the end of March 2017, and will be included in the Office 365 Enterprise E5 plan, as well as in the Secure Productive Enterprise E5 offering.
Office Setup To get started with your Microsoft Office Installation you must need valid product key code & visit www.Officecom-Setup and we can also help you with your entire process to setup office product online. More Info Call Now:1-844-777-7886.
You don’t have to look far to find companies that are disrupting their industries by applying software and technology to transform customer experiences, improve operations and create new opportunities.
As the rate of disruption increases, customers are looking to transform the very nucleus of their companies – the business processes and systems used to run operations, connect with customers and manage teams – to drive better business outcomes. But many of those systems, particularly the CRM and ERP systems of the past, are siloed, complicated and outdated. The result: Customers are slowed down by fragmented, disconnected and unintelligent business applications that don’t give them a holistic view of their business.
We believe there is a better way. Last July we introduced Dynamics 365, powered by Microsoft Azure, turning what was rigid and disconnected into a set of intelligent cloud services that allow any business to start small with just what it needs, scale on demand as its needs grow and add additional solutions as its needs change. With Dynamics 365 we deliver modern, intelligent experiences and services that connect all the data across your enterprise to help you make better, faster decisions and achieve optimal outcomes.
Since then we’ve seen customers like HP, AccuWeather, Ecolab, Helsana and the Renault Sports Formula One Team transform their businesses using Dynamics 365. Today we’re excited to share the new capabilities our teams have been working on and how they can help you transform your business.
Improving sales with Dynamics 365 + LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Dynamics 365 for Sales is already helping salespeople taking into account bigger experiences. For instance, they can already play in as regards sales data and surface comings and goings directly within Office 365 to more speedily near a agreement. Quotes can be created using customer insights, accurate pricing and inventory data, and also recorded in the take over system, including any custom discounts offered, and sent to the customer without ever having to depart Outlook.
Today we’re announcing with LinkedIn new integration that will help salespeople deliver better outcomes using insights from LinkedIn Sales Navigator and LinkedIn’s 500 million professionals. Sales Navigator with Dynamics 365 will dramatically increase the effectiveness of salespeople by tapping into their professional networks and relationships, giving them the ability to improve their pipeline by:
- Leveraging signals across email, CRM and LinkedIn to get contextual recommendations for the next best action within Dynamics 365 for Sales, facilitating introductions directly through the company’s network, and sending InMail, messages and customized connection requests
- Engaging buyers with tailored content throughout the account lifecycle, and getting account and lead updates including news mentions and job changes
- Building strong relationships with existing contacts through access to LinkedIn profile details including photos, current roles and work history.
We’re making it easier for customers to take advantage of this solution by introducing a single offer that brings together LinkedIn Sales Navigator and Dynamics 365 for Sales at about half the cost of competitive solutions in the market, available in July. Details about the offer can be found here.
Modern talent solutions for a modern workforce
Employees are the heart of every company, and talent is without question the most scarce and expensive resource. To help companies better manage and nurture that precious resource, we’re introducing a new application for HR organizations called Dynamics 365 for Talent.
From sourcing and recruiting, to onboarding and retention, Dynamics 365 for Talent provides a 360-degree view of your workforce with modules that empower an organization to:
- Access the best talent, more quickly, with LinkedIn Recruiter integrations that enable dynamic candidate profiles to give managers and interviewers the most up-to-date information
- Deliver personalized onboarding experiences that accelerate employees’ ability to deliver impact with targeted activities and learning resources, along with access to relevant contacts
- Maintain an up-to-date view of employee experiences through a consolidated HR profile spanning Office 365, Dynamics 365 and LinkedIn profile information
- Drive operational excellence, measure business impact and improve program effectiveness with integrated intelligence that lets you maximize your human resources.
The appendage Dynamics 365 for Talent taking into account LinkedIn integration will bring together the place companies locate faculty and the world of society in Office 365 in a optional accessory, avant-garde HR experience meant to make companies and employees more nimbly-to-get grip of, user-set loose starting in July.
Customer-centric retail experiences designed for an omni-channel world
Modern retailers face many challenges, from managing daily operations at their stores to transforming their businesses for future growth. Dynamics 365 for Retail, a new intelligent cloud service we are announcing today, provides retailers with an Integrated end-to-end view of their operations with centralized management and clear visibility across stores, employees, customers, inventory and financials. In today’s competitive environment, we’re helping retailers get ahead and improve their bottom line with:
- Modern, mobile-optimized, point of sale experiences that empower front line employees to deliver exceptional customer service and improve sales
- Powerful omni-channel capabilities that allow shoppers to engage with retailers on their terms and to buy, fulfill and return anywhere
- Data driven retail experiences that enable customer engagement at every touch point
Additional updates across Dynamics 365 include:
- Empowering small to mid-size organizations with Dynamics 365 Business Edition apps for Sales and Marketing, available in preview July 1
- New industry-specific solutions available in Microsoft AppSource – the place you can discover, trial and evaluate finished SaaS solutions. Learn more here.
- Plans to deliver Dynamics 365 from local datacenters in the U.K. and Germany. These new Dynamics 365 regions adhere to our Trusted Cloud principles – including security, privacy, compliance and transparency. They also help customers meet the unique data and regulatory needs of their country and geographic area along with the needs of their business, industry and customers.
Office Setup To get started with your Microsoft Office Installation you must need valid product key code & visit www.Officecom-Setup.com and we can also help you with your entire process to setup office product online. More Info Call Now:1-844-777-7886.
Today, we are announcing updates to the Office 365 Enterprise K1 plan—designed to enable your frontline workers to do their best work with tools for schedule and task management, communications and community, training and onboarding, and identity and access management.
Frontline workers are the heartbeat of many of the world’s largest industries, such as manufacturing, retail, healthcare and hospitality. They’re the people behind the counter, on the phone with customers, operating the production line, building products, and running the day-to-day operations. They are often the face of an organization to its customers. And as more companies invest in digital transformation, there’s a growing recognition of the importance of empowering frontline workers with modern productivity tools.
That’s why we have expanded the Office Setup 365 Enterprise K1 plan to include the following additional products:
- Microsoft StaffHub—Helps frontline workers manage their workday with schedule management, information sharing and the ability to connect to other work-related apps and resources. StaffHub was added to the K1 plan earlier this year.
- OneDrive for Business with 2 GB of cloud storage—Provides employees a secure environment to store, manage and access files from virtually anywhere and on any device.
- Skype for Business presence and instant messaging—Enables employees to communicate in real-time, along with the ability to participate in Skype Meeting Broadcast sessions.
- Microsoft Teams—A hub for teamwork that connects employees to the people, tools and content they need to do their best work.
- Office 365 Video—Provides employees with a secure, company-wide destination for discovering and accessing video content.
- Microsoft PowerApps and Microsoft Flow—Eases the automation of repetitive tasks and workflows.
These additional products build upon the core value already offered with the Office 365 Enterprise K1 plan and unlock important scenarios for frontline workers, including the ability to view and swap shifts, take advantage of video-based employee training and onboarding, exchange best practices across the company and even participate in live, company-wide town hall meetings. The Office 365 Enterprise K1 plan gives companies the tools they expect to manage employee access and the digital identity to meet today’s complex and constantly changing security and compliance requirements.
Broadcast company town halls to engage employees remotely.
Finally, we are excited by the response of our customers, like AccorHotels, who’ve already started to change the way they work with Office 365 and Microsoft StaffHub.
These new capabilities will begin rolling out to customers in the next several weeks. Please visit the Office 365 Enterprise K1 plan page to learn more, and check out the Microsoft Mechanics video below.
The digitization of content has completely changed how media companies think about the creation, production, marketing, distribution and monetization of content. As their audiences find new ways to consume entertainment, whether it’s through tablets, smartphones, connected TVs, PCs, gaming or mixed reality devices, the competition for attention has never been greater. This evolution has disrupted traditional business models and is driving organizations across the industry to identify new ways in which they can quickly and securely produce and deliver the right content, at the right time to any device – all backed by business insights and projections which can be used to drive future decision making.
More and more organizations in the media and entertainment industry are turning to cloud providers to minister to run their compute and storage needs and are recognizing the further of malleability, security and scalability. For these organizations, having the attainment to speedily scale uphill and all along dealing out knack then needed changes the cost curve for producing content. Once the content is ready, advanced search and hurting content recommendations lessening to increased consumption. Advances in computer vision and natural language admin (NLP) will goal these changes even supplementary.
From working with NBC Sports to power the 2016 Rio Summer Olympic games livestream across devices, including Connected TVs for the first time, to delivering content storage, media encoding, rendering, advanced analytics and more, Microsoft is partnering with companies across the media and entertainment industry to help enable digital transformation. At the National Association of Broadcasters Show (NAB 2017), we are excited to announce several new partners and customers who have chosen Microsoft’s cloud to power their digital transformation:
- Avid selects Microsoft Azure as preferred partner to power their business: Avid is a leading technology and multimedia company that specializes in audio and video; specifically, digital non-linear editing systems, management and distribution services. With this strategic partnership, Microsoft Azure will power Avid and all new joint customers’ content, globally, and we will co-develop cloud-based solutions and services for the media and entertainment industry, powered by the Avid MediaCentral Platform, the industry’s most open, tightly integrated and efficient platform designed for media. With a cloud-based offering built on Avid’s portfolio of the industry’s best and most comprehensive creative tools and media workflow solutions, the partnership will enable media organizations and creative professionals to quickly and easily leverage the efficiencies, flexibility and agility that the cloud enables.
- Verizon Digital Media Services offers integrated Microsoft Azure Storage: We also recently announced with Verizon Digital Media Services that it will make cloud-based storage from Microsoft Azure available to all Verizon Digital Media Services Edgecast Content Delivery Network (CDN) customers. Azure Storage will now power Verizon STORE, the cloud-based origin storage offering on the Edgecast CDN, providing an even more convenient option for resilient, infinitely scalable object storage that is ideal for media and metadata.
- Crackle, a unit of Sony Pictures Television Networks, selects Microsoft Azure as a streaming service partner: Crackle programs Hollywood movies, popular TV shows, original series and feature films for the world’s connected audience. Azure helps power the streaming network’s services and allows consumers to view content at anytime, anywhere on every connected device.
- Availability of Skype TX for Radio; new Skype TX hardware integrations with Newtek: Earlier this month we announced the availability of Skype TX for Radio with partner Broadcast Bionics – an industry first enabling delivery of high-quality audio enabling producers to bring on guests from Skype’s network of hundreds of millions of users across the globe – a significant improvement for radio broadcasters and podcasters worldwide. Additionally, one of our innovative partners, Newtek, released the TriCaster® TC1, the first affordable end-to-end 4K IP video production system that offers multiple studio-grade Skype TX channels for adding remote video guests to live broadcast.
The next wave of digital transformation
With a diverse and growing set of ways in which audiences can consume media and entertainment, it is not only important to ease the creation of content but also ensure that data is serving up smart insights about what content resonates with audiences. In 2016, global internet advertising revenue surpassed global TV ad revenue for the first time[i]. As our world becomes more digital, advertisers, content creators and distributors will move past general demographic information and increasingly require more granular customer details for TV like they do for the internet. Over-the-top (OTT) solutions will help here but it is also important that there are end-to-end monetization strategies that go with it. At NAB some of our customers and partners are showing off how they are evolving their businesses to take advantage of intelligence to create more meaningful connections with their customers.
- Ooyala, a Microsoft partner and leader in premium video platforms, media logistics and advertising, demonstrated how Ooyala Flex, their media logistics platform, integrates with Microsoft Cognitive Services to simplify metadata capture by extracting transcripts, detecting faces within videos, and analyzing text to detect key topics. Ooyala then uses that rich metadata to recommend relevant videos to viewers and to deliver targeted advertising.
- UFA GmbH (UFA), one of Germany’s oldest and most distinguished entertainment brands, is a highly efficient creator of entertainment content. UFA already had this long-term vision pioneering a cloud-based production workflow. They now have brought their archive and the content distribution into Microsoft Azure – with the aid of the Microsoft partner Interlake and nexx.tv. Using Microsoft’s Cognitive Services, UFA is able to make its video content actionable and accessible in completely new ways, such as automatically translating and tagging the content, to see inside the video. The vision is to bring the entire production process into the cloud, from recording to play out.
When we designed SkyDrive for Windows 8.1, we thought a lot about how storage needs are growing much faster than device hard drives. So we invented smart files, which allow you to have your files always with you while being unconstrained by storage capacity.
In the Windows 8.1 preview we saw consumers using SkyDrive in two distinct ways. The first group of people are very conscious of what they have saved to disk and most of their files are online-only. We found that the majority of people using smart files take up 80% less disk space than they would without smart files. The second group of people are on the other end of the spectrum: they explicitly chose to have all their files available offline, and so have their entire SkyDrive stored locally. This showed us that users understand smart files and are tailoring the feature to their needs.
Although smart files are a fraction of their original size, they behave identically to any other file. A great example of this is how smart files show up in Bing Smart Search in Windows 8.1. This feature, which is rolling out over the coming weeks, allows you to search from the desktop for the content of Camera Roll photos that have had text extracted from them.
For example, you might have taken a photo 6 months ago of the menu of your favorite restaurant, but can’t remember where it’s buried in your Camera Roll and want to remember the dish you had. You can simply type in the restaurant name on your desktop and Bing Smart Search will search text of your Camera Roll photos and pull up the picture of the menu with the restaurant name printed on it. With the power of smart files, this will work even if your Camera Roll is marked for online-only access. The moment you open the photo, it will be instantaneously pulled from the cloud for you to view the full version.
People are starting to take photos not only to capture special moments, but also to keep track of everyday information, so we are really excited about this scenario and proud to unveil this valuable OCR search feature.
Just weeks away from the general availability of Windows 8.1, we’re very excited to not only continue allowing you to have your files always with you, but to make your files smarter.