Murrieta, CL: Microsoft in its recently made announcement had talked about the release of its new “Centralized Deployment for Office 365 web add-ins” feature.
Making use of the PowerShell scripts or the Office 365 admin center, the latest feature enables the administrators to easily organize the add-ins to a particular user, a group of users or a complete organization based on one’s preference.
The release and preview of the particular service has been marked at the end of the year 2016.
Microsoft has also announced in a post on the company’s Office blog that the users can easily view all the add-ins that are installed on the ribbon of their MS-Office applications like Word, Excel or PowerPoint running on Mac, Windows or Office online, just by simply opening these applications. This will further permit all the organizations (whether small or large) to expand their Office with the help of the enhanced and important services across each and every platform.
To demonstrate the efficiency of the service, the usage case of the “Genetec Inc” (a Canadian supplier of access control and license identification solutions combined in a single platform, called Security Center) is concerned and praised by Microsoft.
“Genetec” makes use of “Qorus” add-ins that helps Office 365 users to search for proper content to add to proposals, pitches, emails and reports as well as to create accurate and efficient business-related documents.
Microsoft explained in a distinct but associated post on its blog that “Genetec’s bid response team” on realizing the requirement for boosting up of its content’s value along with the efficiency, joined hand with the “Qorus” to focus on content in Microsoft OneDrive and Microsoft SharePoint Online for Business by creating separate Microsoft platform to make a better content easily available.
The post also includes that, the tasks such as creating new documents, increasing cooperation with subject matter experts, etc. is simplified by the “Qorus” add-ins. It also provides the “Genetec” employees to have great prospect on its usefulness for tracking the usage of the content.
This latest feature (Centralized Deployment) of Microsoft is offered to almost all the supported Office languages. Another great news is that this is compatible with all recent editions of Office as well as of Exchange, that are OAuth-enabled.
One of the blog also states that, “the telemetry will be made available for the IT admins and the developers soon, to help them to view the facts about the deployments in the Office 365 admin center and to view their add-in deployments in the Office ISV Seller Dashboard respectively”.
Read More Tech Support usefull link :
If you or your company are switching to Microsoft Office 365, new go-to guides are here to help. As of today, you’ll find eight Switch to Office 365 guides with step-by-step pages to make a fast and smooth transition from Google G Suite to Office 365.
“Companies like the guides because they highlight the key differences between G Suite and Office 365 and show users how to get up and running with a minimum of disruption,” says Peter Krebs, commercial training and adoption manager.
The guides, and there are more on the way, also highlight the way you can work together more effectively. Krebs says, “One of the common comments we hear from users is, ‘I didn’t know Office could do that.”’
At Build Day 2, we announced OneDrive Files On-Demand. Access all your files in the cloud without having to download them and use storage space on your device. You don’t have to change the way you work, because all your files—even online files—can be seen in File Explorer and accessed on-demand whenever they are needed. Read more about the details.
Today’s post was written by Kirk Koenigsbauer, corporate vice president for the Office team.
Today at Microsoft Build 2017, we announced new opportunities for developers in three areas—updates to the Microsoft Teams developer platform, new capabilities in the Microsoft Graph and better ways to connect Office users with partner integrations. With over 100 million monthly commercial active users, Office 365 is the largest productivity service available. Office 365 offers an incredible opportunity for developers, with its business-critical data and millions of users, combined with a platform designed to keep people in the flow of their work.
Deliver Microsoft Teams apps through the Office Store
Beginning today, Microsoft Teams is open to all developers to publish apps through the Office Store onboarding and distribution process—enabling them to engage users where they work. Published apps will surface in a new discover apps experience—making it easier for users to add and use apps within Teams. This and other new features are now available in the Developer Preview and coming to users soon.
When we launched the preview of Teams in November, we introduced a deep developer platform with tabs, bots and connectors. Today, we are announcing two new capabilities, available in the Developer Preview, enabling developers to build even more engaging experiences for users.
Compose extensions, in preview, allow users to issue commands to bring information from an app or service directly into their team chat and avoid distracting context switches.
Example compose extension in Microsoft Teams (in Developer Preview).
Third-party notifications in the activity feed allow developers to alert users of key information and updates from their service. New Teams APIs are also coming to the Microsoft Graph, in preview, allowing developers to access team and channel information. Developers can now package these capabilities—tabs, bots and connectors, compose extensions, and activity feed notifications—into a single Teams app to make it simpler to publish and manage. At Build 2017, partners such as Wrike, Sapho and Adobe will demonstrate their new Teams integrations.
Discover more about everything new with Microsoft Teams.
New capabilities in the Microsoft Graph to build intelligent business processes and apps
Artificial intelligence and data can help your applications become more engaging and focused. On stage this morning, we demonstrated the upcoming Presentation Translator add-in, which leverages Microsoft’s translation APIs in PowerPoint, giving presenters the ability to add subtitles to their presentations in the same language or in different languages. Read more about the Presentation Translator and sign up for an early access.
Similarly, developers can integrate intelligence and data from around their organization to enhance the user experience and build focused business processes using the Microsoft Graph.
With brand new capabilities in addition to an expanding API set, Microsoft Graph is truly the ubiquitous API for accessing core data in an organization, and is critical to any business process or app. Today, the SharePoint site, OneNote and Planner data APIs are generally available and are ready for developers to use in production.
We are announcing new Insights APIs, coming soon in preview, which will let developers build smarter processes by leveraging relationships between users and documents. We are also expanding the library of webhooks, in preview, which includes user and group changes.
Today, we made two new core capabilities of Microsoft Graph generally available. Delta queries provide access to lists of changes for types of data, helping developers build powerful, high-performance application integrations. Custom data empowers developers to extend base types of Microsoft Graph (e.g., users, contacts) to store critical data in context.
These actions and activities can be orchestrated with Microsoft Flow. With Flow, every user can add actions and conditions in response to operations across Office 365. Developers can extend Flows easily with code hosted in Azure. Today, we are excited to announce an offer for Microsoft Azure ISV customers that enables them to directly provide new PowerApps and Flow Connectors to the broad audience of Office 365 customers. With expanding Microsoft Graph data from across the organization, a great development platform with Azure and native integration of Flow with applications such as SharePoint—it is now much easier to create focused, tailored business processes.
Last fall, we previewed Actionable Messages in Outlook on the web, which enabled users to take quick actions such as approving an expense report or assigning a project task to a team member from within Outlook. We are rolling out Actionable Messages to more Office 365 users in Microsoft Teams as well as in Outlook 2016 for Windows (in Insider Fast), with new integrations from Salesforce, Freshdesk, Wrike and more. We are also announcing new Actionable Message tools for developers. Learn more about building Actionable Messages for Outlook and Teams.
Actionable Messages let you take quick actions right from a conversation in Microsoft Teams and Outlook.
New ways to connect Office users with the partner integrations that matter to them
Finally, we are adding several new paths to get apps and add-ins in the hands of users.
The Office Store is now connected to Microsoft AppSource, making it easier for organizations to find the most relevant apps and add-ins to their work. With Office 365 apps and solutions available in Microsoft AppSource, business users can stay connected to relevant business apps and partners in one place.
Centralized deployment of Office add-ins is currently available in preview, allowing administrators to automatically deploy add-ins to their organization, making selected Office add-ins directly accessible from the ribbon and other key user experiences within Office, with general availability coming soon. Today, we’re announcing that centralized deployment is supported on Office for Mac and Office Online, allowing you to deploy add-ins from the Office Store as well as via a set of deployment scripts.
Office at Build—new capabilities to make every user more productive
For developers, Office continues to grow across all dimensions, with new development scenarios in Microsoft Teams and across Office applications, increased depth and data access with Microsoft Graph, and new ways to reach users with applications and integrations. The best time to transform work in organizations is now. At Build and through our online videos, developers can explore all that is new with the Office platform. Sign up for the Office Developer Program to stay connected to updates across these APIs.
Get more information contact to our tech support number – 844-777-7886 & 888-262-1663
Your core destination for all information about the release of Office Setup 365 prepared by the Microsoft Australia team to NSW DEC schools from the Microsoft in Education team and our wider community.
Welcome to the Microsoft Australia NSW DEC Office365 User Guide. Here you will find all the information, resources, links, tips and tricks related to using Office 365 in your schools and classrooms across New South Wales.
The set of tools in Office 365 are used around the world to support teaching and learning, and offer a wide range of educational benefits. These online services will assist schools in using a Bring Your Own Device strategy, allowing students and staff to collaborate from any device, anywhere they have access to the internet.In the video below, see how Campbelltown Performing Arts High School have used Office 365 in their school.
Microsoft Office 365 (Link to DEC Intranet) is a set of web-based applications that enable collaboration and creation in the classroom. This service includes online versions of Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. In addition, Microsoft Office 365 offers collaboration and sharing opportunities via OneDrive and OneNote Class & Staff Notebook.
OneNote Support Guide
A comprehensive guide to using Office 365 in your classrooms and schools has been developed as a OneNote notebook.
Other Support Resources
- For questions, queries and to learn from other users of Office 365 in NSW DEC, please visit the O365 Yammer community here.
- Technical support information about using these services in the DEC environment is available via the Learning Tools Technical Support site (DEC Intranet)
- To view the Microsoft NSW DEC Student privacy charter please click here.
How to Videos
In these videos, you will learn some ways you can use Office 365 in your classroom.
Using Excel for student performance tracking
Using OneNote to share assignments, collect homework and more in your classroom.
Simply collaborate with your class using Word Online
Get help for Microsoft Office Setup and installation:Have you Just bought Microsoft Office product ? If yes then you can complete your Office Setup online with your product key code. You just need open office.com/setup or setup.office.com in to your web browser. For more information about setup procedure check the guide below.
How to proceed with Microsoft Office Setup online:1. First of all sign in to your office account at www.office.com/setup. Now redeem your product key. If you don’t have a account yet then create a new one and use the same Microsoft login credential to sign to your My Office account
2. Once you have successfully completed with the step one. then Select Install of your product, select Install again. By default, this installs the 32-bit version of Office on your PC using the language you selected when you redeemed the product. But If you want to install the 64-bit version, change your language.
3. Once you will click on install internet explorer will show you a popup with the option “Run”. And in Google chrome and Mozilla Firefox you will get the option to save the file. As soon as the file downloaded you need to open it manually and run the installation.
4. Also you will be informed when installation done like, “You’re all set! Office is installed now” and then the animated video will show you how to find office applications on your computer. Follow the instructions in the window, for example Click Start > All Apps to see where your apps are, and select Close.
NOTE:While installing your Microsoft Office365 may be you can see the message like, Stop, you should wait to install Office 2016. That means the installation process has found compatibility issue with something else installed on your PC. In that case feel free to contact our support via live chat online and will love to answer all you questions.
Do you want one of our Expert to help with Office Setup Procedure online ?We are here to help you out with the whole procedure to Download Microsoft Office online, We not only fix your MS office setup related issues but will guide with how to get started with your new Office 2016 product once it get installed successfully. So why are you waiting for just ask whatever question you have via live chat online.
- How we can help you with your Office Setup Issues ?
- Will help you to find our compatibility issues and fix it
- Will guide you how to use and setup Microsoft Office product
- We can help you with your account creation or with restoring old account
- We can also help you Optimize your computer to get better speed with your applications like Office.
- Will troubleshoot virus related issues as well if required
Our Services: office setup, office.com setup, www.office.com setup, www.office.com/setup, office.com/setup, office.com /setup, www.office.com /setup, www.office.com/ setup, office com setup, office/setup, setup office, www.office.com/setup.com
Office Setup To get started with your Microsoft Office Installation you must need valid product key code & visit www.Office.com/Setup and we can also help you with your entire process to setup office product online. More Info Call Now:1-844-777-7886.
Missing a key security signal could mean not catching a breach, but the number of security signals is increasing exponentially. It’s becoming impossible to manually prioritize them. That’s why Office 365 applies intelligence to help you proactively manage risk and ward off threats. Today, we’re pleased to introduce several new capabilities in Office 365 that help you manage risk and stay ahead of threats:
- Office 365 Secure Score—A new security analytics tool that applies a score to Office 365 customers’ current Office 365 security configuration.
- Office 365 Threat Intelligence Private Preview—Service that leverages billions of data points from the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph to provide actionable insights to the global threat landscape and help customers stay ahead of cyber threats. Office 365 Threat Intelligence is now in private preview, with general availability planned for later this quarter.
- Office 365 Advanced Data Governance Preview—Applies machine learning to help customers find and retain the most important data to them while eliminating redundant, obsolete and trivial data that could cause risk if compromised. Office 365 Advanced Data Governance is now in preview, with general availability planned for later this quarter.
Know your Office 365 Secure Score
Do you know how you’d be rated if someone were to evaluate your security configuration? To give you better visibility into your Office 365 security configuration and the security features available to you, we’re pleased to introduce Secure Score—a new security analytics tool. Secure Score helps you understand your current Office 365 security configuration and shows you how implementing additional controls can further enhance your security and reduce risk.*
Here’s how it works:
Secure Score Summary—Displays your Secure Score and provides access to view your Score Analyzer. Your Secure Score, the numerator, is the sum of the points associated with security configurations that you have partially or fully adopted. The total score, the denominator, is the sum of the points associated with all the security controls that are available to you through your Office 365 plan.
In this example, the Secure Score is 130 out of 273 points possible:
Score Summary window showing your Secure Score.
Score Analyzer—Allows you to track and report on your score over time. The graph shows your Secure Score on any date in the past, what specific actions you completed and which actions were available to you. Your score results can also be exported to a CSV file for easy planning and communication with your organizations.
Score Analyzer graph showing the Secure Score over time.
In append to providing perception, Secure Score provides suggestions regarding the realizable behavior you can take to include your security viewpoint. These suggestions are prioritized based once quotation to the order of the effectiveness of the fighting and level of impact to fade away users. Actions that are intensely in force as soon as low level of adherent impact are placed at the top, followed by measures that are less in force and more impactful to users. You can as well as filter happenings in the list when criteria such as those that have low fall fanatic impact or that apply to devotee accounts.
Secure Score can play an important role in a holistic security strategy, which encompasses how an organization strengthens its risk controls, mitigates potential losses and offsets some of the risk. To help businesses strengthen their security position, property and casualty insurer The Hartford will consider a customer’s Office 365 Secure Score as a part of the cyber insurance underwriting process.
“We believe aligning the solutions between security and insurance can make a real difference. By encouraging the use of an innovative security analytics tool like Office 365 Secure Score and making it a part of the underwriting process, businesses have more information to make risk-based decisions around privacy and security, potentially reducing their exposure to loss.”
—Tom Kang, head of Cyber Insurance at The Hartford
This builds upon the endorsement of Office 365 made by insurance industry leader AIG last year.
Watch this Microsoft Mechanics video for an in-depth look at Secure Score:
To learn more about Secure Score, check out your score and see recommendations on how you can increase your security position in Office 365, go to securescore.office.com.
Office 365 Threat Intelligence—now in private preview
According to a recent Ponemon Institute study, the average cost of a data breach has risen to $4 million. These costs can include litigation, the effects of brand or reputation damage, potential lost sales, and in some cases, complete business closure. Organizations that are prepared for a breach by spending on appropriate staffing, security training and security products can ultimately reduce their long-term costs.
office setup 365 Threat Intelligence uses the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph to analyze billions of data points from global datacenters, Office clients, email, user authentications and other incidents that impact the Office 365 ecosystem, as well as signals from our Windows and Azure ecosystems—to provide actionable insights to global attack trends.
It provides opinion more or less malware families inside and outdoor your handing out, including breach information surrounded by details, bearing in mind how much bitcoin the attackers typically request in ransomware attacks. Office 365 Threat Intelligence with integrates seamlessly previously added Office 365 security features gone Exchange Online Protection and Advanced Threat Protection, for that excuse youll be supple to see analysis, including the peak targeted users, malware frequency and security recommendations connected to your event.
Office 365 Threat Intelligence provides this visibility, along with rich insights and recommendations on mitigating cyber-threats, ultimately supporting a proactive defense posture, leading to long-term reduced organizational costs.
The Office 365 Threat Intelligence Dashboard provides visibility into the global threat landscape.
To sign up for the private preview of Setup Microsoft Office 365 Threat Intelligence, please contact your Microsoft account representative.
Why data governance matters
Many organizations are exposing themselves to unnecessary risk because they don’t have a good grasp on all the data they have. Often, they retain data they no longer need, such as the personal information of former employees who have long since left the company. Should this personal data be compromised in a breach, the company could be liable for costly remediation, such as lifetime credit monitoring for these former employees.
Office 365 Advanced Data Governance helps you find and retain the data that is most important to you while eliminating redundant, obsolete and trivial data that could cause risk if compromised. Office 365 Advanced Data Governance applies machine learning to intelligently deliver proactive policy recommendations; classify data based on automatic analysis of factors like the type of data, its age and the users who have interacted with it; and take action, such as preservation or deletion.
We’re already receiving a great response from legal professionals who expect Office 365 Advanced Data Governance to enhance their data management practices.
“The machine learning designed into office setup Office 365 Advanced Data Governance’s suite has the potential to tame the ever-increasing growth and complexity of data types we deal with. Office 365 Advanced Data Governance can apply unified policies to data in place across all Office 365 applications, regardless of when the data was ingested, to intelligently retain high-value data while deposing of what isn’t needed or is obsolete. As organizations grasp its potential to reduce compliance and security risks, this will be a game changer in information governance.”
—Paul Meyer, eDiscovery and Data Management managing counsel at Willis Towers Watson
Watch this Microsoft Mechanics for an in-depth look at Office 365 Advanced Data Governance:
Visit Office 365 Advanced Data Governance to register for the limited public preview.
Office 365 Secure Score is now generally available to organizations with an Office 365 commercial subscription and who are in the multi-tenant and Office 365 U.S. Government Community clouds.
Office 365 Threat Intelligence and Advanced Data Governance are expected to be generally available by the end of March 2017, and will be included in the Office 365 Enterprise E5 plan, as well as in the Secure Productive Enterprise E5 offering.
Office Setup To get started with your Microsoft Office Installation you must need valid product key code & visit www.Officecom-Setup and we can also help you with your entire process to setup office product online. More Info Call Now:1-844-777-7886.
You don’t have to look far to find companies that are disrupting their industries by applying software and technology to transform customer experiences, improve operations and create new opportunities.
As the rate of disruption increases, customers are looking to transform the very nucleus of their companies – the business processes and systems used to run operations, connect with customers and manage teams – to drive better business outcomes. But many of those systems, particularly the CRM and ERP systems of the past, are siloed, complicated and outdated. The result: Customers are slowed down by fragmented, disconnected and unintelligent business applications that don’t give them a holistic view of their business.
We believe there is a better way. Last July we introduced Dynamics 365, powered by Microsoft Azure, turning what was rigid and disconnected into a set of intelligent cloud services that allow any business to start small with just what it needs, scale on demand as its needs grow and add additional solutions as its needs change. With Dynamics 365 we deliver modern, intelligent experiences and services that connect all the data across your enterprise to help you make better, faster decisions and achieve optimal outcomes.
Since then we’ve seen customers like HP, AccuWeather, Ecolab, Helsana and the Renault Sports Formula One Team transform their businesses using Dynamics 365. Today we’re excited to share the new capabilities our teams have been working on and how they can help you transform your business.
Improving sales with Dynamics 365 + LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Dynamics 365 for Sales is already helping salespeople taking into account bigger experiences. For instance, they can already play in as regards sales data and surface comings and goings directly within Office 365 to more speedily near a agreement. Quotes can be created using customer insights, accurate pricing and inventory data, and also recorded in the take over system, including any custom discounts offered, and sent to the customer without ever having to depart Outlook.
Today we’re announcing with LinkedIn new integration that will help salespeople deliver better outcomes using insights from LinkedIn Sales Navigator and LinkedIn’s 500 million professionals. Sales Navigator with Dynamics 365 will dramatically increase the effectiveness of salespeople by tapping into their professional networks and relationships, giving them the ability to improve their pipeline by:
- Leveraging signals across email, CRM and LinkedIn to get contextual recommendations for the next best action within Dynamics 365 for Sales, facilitating introductions directly through the company’s network, and sending InMail, messages and customized connection requests
- Engaging buyers with tailored content throughout the account lifecycle, and getting account and lead updates including news mentions and job changes
- Building strong relationships with existing contacts through access to LinkedIn profile details including photos, current roles and work history.
We’re making it easier for customers to take advantage of this solution by introducing a single offer that brings together LinkedIn Sales Navigator and Dynamics 365 for Sales at about half the cost of competitive solutions in the market, available in July. Details about the offer can be found here.
Modern talent solutions for a modern workforce
Employees are the heart of every company, and talent is without question the most scarce and expensive resource. To help companies better manage and nurture that precious resource, we’re introducing a new application for HR organizations called Dynamics 365 for Talent.
From sourcing and recruiting, to onboarding and retention, Dynamics 365 for Talent provides a 360-degree view of your workforce with modules that empower an organization to:
- Access the best talent, more quickly, with LinkedIn Recruiter integrations that enable dynamic candidate profiles to give managers and interviewers the most up-to-date information
- Deliver personalized onboarding experiences that accelerate employees’ ability to deliver impact with targeted activities and learning resources, along with access to relevant contacts
- Maintain an up-to-date view of employee experiences through a consolidated HR profile spanning Office 365, Dynamics 365 and LinkedIn profile information
- Drive operational excellence, measure business impact and improve program effectiveness with integrated intelligence that lets you maximize your human resources.
The appendage Dynamics 365 for Talent taking into account LinkedIn integration will bring together the place companies locate faculty and the world of society in Office 365 in a optional accessory, avant-garde HR experience meant to make companies and employees more nimbly-to-get grip of, user-set loose starting in July.
Customer-centric retail experiences designed for an omni-channel world
Modern retailers face many challenges, from managing daily operations at their stores to transforming their businesses for future growth. Dynamics 365 for Retail, a new intelligent cloud service we are announcing today, provides retailers with an Integrated end-to-end view of their operations with centralized management and clear visibility across stores, employees, customers, inventory and financials. In today’s competitive environment, we’re helping retailers get ahead and improve their bottom line with:
- Modern, mobile-optimized, point of sale experiences that empower front line employees to deliver exceptional customer service and improve sales
- Powerful omni-channel capabilities that allow shoppers to engage with retailers on their terms and to buy, fulfill and return anywhere
- Data driven retail experiences that enable customer engagement at every touch point
Additional updates across Dynamics 365 include:
- Empowering small to mid-size organizations with Dynamics 365 Business Edition apps for Sales and Marketing, available in preview July 1
- New industry-specific solutions available in Microsoft AppSource – the place you can discover, trial and evaluate finished SaaS solutions. Learn more here.
- Plans to deliver Dynamics 365 from local datacenters in the U.K. and Germany. These new Dynamics 365 regions adhere to our Trusted Cloud principles – including security, privacy, compliance and transparency. They also help customers meet the unique data and regulatory needs of their country and geographic area along with the needs of their business, industry and customers.
Office Setup To get started with your Microsoft Office Installation you must need valid product key code & visit www.Officecom-Setup.com and we can also help you with your entire process to setup office product online. More Info Call Now:1-844-777-7886.
Office 365 ProPlus delivers cloud-connected and always up-to-date versions of our most valuable enterprise apps. Today, we’re making three important announcements related to ProPlus: changes to the Office 365 system requirements; improvements to the ProPlus update model, including alignment with Windows 10; and new tools and programs to manage ProPlus application compatibility.
Changes to the Office 365 system requirements
Office 365 ProPlus is the very best way to experience the Office 365 services. For IT, ProPlus delivers the most secure and most complete suite of productivity apps available. And because the apps are cloud-connected and always up-to-date, they’re continually getting better—with new security features, new telemetry and new management capabilities. For end users, ProPlus brings the Office 365 services to life. When a modern app is connected to a modern service, magic happens. People can collaborate in new ways. Apps can simplify mundane tasks. And advanced security services can protect users as they work.
When customers connect to Office setup 365 with a legacy version of Office, they’re not enjoying all that the service has to offer. The IT benefits—particularly security—are cut short. And the end user experience in the apps is limited to the features shipped at a point in time. To ensure that customers are getting the most out of their Office 365 subscription, we are updating our system requirements.
- Office 365 ProPlus or Office perpetual in mainstream support required to connect to Office 365 services. Starting October 13, 2020, Office 365 ProPlus or Office perpetual in mainstream support will be required to connect to Office 365 services. Office 365 ProPlus will deliver the best experience, but for customers who aren’t ready to move to the cloud by 2020, we will also support connections from Office perpetual in mainstream support.
- Applies to Office 365 commercial services only. This update does not change our system requirements or support policies for the Office perpetual clients, Office perpetual clients connecting to on-premises servers, or any consumer services.
- More than three years’ notice. We’re providing more than three years’ notice to give IT time to plan and budget for this change. Until this new requirement goes into effect in 2020, Office 2010, Office 2013 and Office 2016 perpetual clients will still be able to connect to Office 365 services.
Visit our Setup Microsoft Office 365 to learn more and to ask the experts your questions.
Improvements to the Office 365 ProPlus update model, including alignment with Windows 10
Moving to Office 365 ProPlus requires an initial upgrade and ongoing management of regular updates. Customers quickly see the benefits of the move, but they’ve also asked us to simplify the update process—and to improve the coordination between Office and Windows. To respond to this feedback, we’re pleased to announce that we will align the Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10 update model. This change will make planning and managing updates for both Office and Windows easier for customers using the Secure Productive Enterprise.
Targeting September 2017, we will make the following changes to the Office 365 ProPlus update model:
- Two updates a year. We will reduce the Office 365 ProPlus update cadence from three to two times a year, with semi-annual feature updates to Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus targeted for March and September.
- 18 months of support. We will extend the support period for Office 365 ProPlus semi-annual updates from 12 to 18 months (starting from first release) so IT professionals can choose to update once or twice a year.
- System Center Configuration Manager support. System Center Configuration Manager will support this new aligned update model for Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10, making it easier to deploy and update the two products together.
See the upcoming changes to the Office 365 ProPlus update management article to learn more.
New tools and programs to manage Office 365 ProPlus application compatibility
One of the biggest concerns customers have about the move to a new version of Office is application compatibility. Office add-ins and VBA solutions often play a significant role in key business processes, and application compatibility is an important consideration in both upgrades and updates. To help customers manage ProPlus application compatibility, we’re pleased to announce four new investments.
- Upgrade assessment tools. Starting today, we’re offering a limited preview of new tools that will catalogue the add-ins and VBA solutions in use in your organization, identify potential issues with the upgrade to Office 365 ProPlus, and recommend steps for remediation.
- Application compatibility testing. For each new Office 365 ProPlus release, we will perform compatibility testing of the most common third-party add-ins, identify potential issues, and take steps to remediate.
- Office 365 ProPlus monitoring services. We will provide new services to monitor your ProPlus deployment and provide visibility into the usage and stability of apps and add-ins.
- Reporting, tracking and resolving issues. We will improve our existing service for reporting, tracking and resolving application compatibility issues—and partner with customers and ISVs to find the best approach to remediation.
The digitization of content has completely changed how media companies think about the creation, production, marketing, distribution and monetization of content. As their audiences find new ways to consume entertainment, whether it’s through tablets, smartphones, connected TVs, PCs, gaming or mixed reality devices, the competition for attention has never been greater. This evolution has disrupted traditional business models and is driving organizations across the industry to identify new ways in which they can quickly and securely produce and deliver the right content, at the right time to any device – all backed by business insights and projections which can be used to drive future decision making.
More and more organizations in the media and entertainment industry are turning to cloud providers to minister to run their compute and storage needs and are recognizing the further of malleability, security and scalability. For these organizations, having the attainment to speedily scale uphill and all along dealing out knack then needed changes the cost curve for producing content. Once the content is ready, advanced search and hurting content recommendations lessening to increased consumption. Advances in computer vision and natural language admin (NLP) will goal these changes even supplementary.
From working with NBC Sports to power the 2016 Rio Summer Olympic games livestream across devices, including Connected TVs for the first time, to delivering content storage, media encoding, rendering, advanced analytics and more, Microsoft is partnering with companies across the media and entertainment industry to help enable digital transformation. At the National Association of Broadcasters Show (NAB 2017), we are excited to announce several new partners and customers who have chosen Microsoft’s cloud to power their digital transformation:
- Avid selects Microsoft Azure as preferred partner to power their business: Avid is a leading technology and multimedia company that specializes in audio and video; specifically, digital non-linear editing systems, management and distribution services. With this strategic partnership, Microsoft Azure will power Avid and all new joint customers’ content, globally, and we will co-develop cloud-based solutions and services for the media and entertainment industry, powered by the Avid MediaCentral Platform, the industry’s most open, tightly integrated and efficient platform designed for media. With a cloud-based offering built on Avid’s portfolio of the industry’s best and most comprehensive creative tools and media workflow solutions, the partnership will enable media organizations and creative professionals to quickly and easily leverage the efficiencies, flexibility and agility that the cloud enables.
- Verizon Digital Media Services offers integrated Microsoft Azure Storage: We also recently announced with Verizon Digital Media Services that it will make cloud-based storage from Microsoft Azure available to all Verizon Digital Media Services Edgecast Content Delivery Network (CDN) customers. Azure Storage will now power Verizon STORE, the cloud-based origin storage offering on the Edgecast CDN, providing an even more convenient option for resilient, infinitely scalable object storage that is ideal for media and metadata.
- Crackle, a unit of Sony Pictures Television Networks, selects Microsoft Azure as a streaming service partner: Crackle programs Hollywood movies, popular TV shows, original series and feature films for the world’s connected audience. Azure helps power the streaming network’s services and allows consumers to view content at anytime, anywhere on every connected device.
- Availability of Skype TX for Radio; new Skype TX hardware integrations with Newtek: Earlier this month we announced the availability of Skype TX for Radio with partner Broadcast Bionics – an industry first enabling delivery of high-quality audio enabling producers to bring on guests from Skype’s network of hundreds of millions of users across the globe – a significant improvement for radio broadcasters and podcasters worldwide. Additionally, one of our innovative partners, Newtek, released the TriCaster® TC1, the first affordable end-to-end 4K IP video production system that offers multiple studio-grade Skype TX channels for adding remote video guests to live broadcast.
The next wave of digital transformation
With a diverse and growing set of ways in which audiences can consume media and entertainment, it is not only important to ease the creation of content but also ensure that data is serving up smart insights about what content resonates with audiences. In 2016, global internet advertising revenue surpassed global TV ad revenue for the first time[i]. As our world becomes more digital, advertisers, content creators and distributors will move past general demographic information and increasingly require more granular customer details for TV like they do for the internet. Over-the-top (OTT) solutions will help here but it is also important that there are end-to-end monetization strategies that go with it. At NAB some of our customers and partners are showing off how they are evolving their businesses to take advantage of intelligence to create more meaningful connections with their customers.
- Ooyala, a Microsoft partner and leader in premium video platforms, media logistics and advertising, demonstrated how Ooyala Flex, their media logistics platform, integrates with Microsoft Cognitive Services to simplify metadata capture by extracting transcripts, detecting faces within videos, and analyzing text to detect key topics. Ooyala then uses that rich metadata to recommend relevant videos to viewers and to deliver targeted advertising.
- UFA GmbH (UFA), one of Germany’s oldest and most distinguished entertainment brands, is a highly efficient creator of entertainment content. UFA already had this long-term vision pioneering a cloud-based production workflow. They now have brought their archive and the content distribution into Microsoft Azure – with the aid of the Microsoft partner Interlake and nexx.tv. Using Microsoft’s Cognitive Services, UFA is able to make its video content actionable and accessible in completely new ways, such as automatically translating and tagging the content, to see inside the video. The vision is to bring the entire production process into the cloud, from recording to play out.